Vehicle Scrap Recycling Facts
At Cleveland Scrap Cars we buy any car that is mostly complete, the condition of the car is expected to be a bit rough. We are a great option to contact for who buys junk cars since we will actually show up to buy it. Those residing in Oakwood Village, North Olmsted, and Fairview Park can sell a car for scrap quickly. When we buy used cars for scrap, the vehicles are classified as end-of-life vehicles. Are you seeking to junk your car for cash in Seven Hills, Northfield, or Cuyahoga Heights, contact us for vehicle removal. Yes, we buy any car, regardless of condition, and we provide you a junk car quote right over the phone. Are you wondering who buys junk cars with fast vehicle removal in Bainbridge, East Cleveland, and Chesterland? To sell a car for scrap or junk your car for cash in Cleveland Heights, Wickliffe, or Brecksville–call our scrap car buyer for a junk car quote today.
A recent article composed by Rick Leblanc on Recycling.about.com titled ‘Auto Recycling Facts and Figures’ tells us the following: “The car you are driving will be a good source of many recyclable materials tomorrow; in fact, around 80% of a car is recyclable. A good deal of recycling takes place while your car is still in service, through auto aftermarket recycling.
Basic relating to auto scrap and recycling:
- Each year, over 25M tons of materials are recycled from old cars.
- Autos are the most recycled consumer product in the world.
- Auto Recycling (AR) is among the largest US industries, adding $25B/year to the US GDP.
- The US auto recycling (AR) industry employs around 100K people.
- Yearly, AR in US & Canada provides sufficient steel to produce roughly 13M new vehicles.
- In the US, nearly 12M cars are recycled–the most recycled item in US. (8M in Europe)
- Yearly, the North American AR industry saves around 85M barrels of oil from getting usage in making components.
- The current int’l AR industry is about 75 years old.
- Yearly, the amount of hazardous fluids reclaimed safely by AR’s is equal to 8 Exxon Valdez disasters!
- Most AR’s are small businesses. Over 75% of all automotive recycling companies employ about 10 people.
- Automotive recyclers supply retail & wholesale buyers with components that save 20-80%
- 14M tons of recycled steel is derived from junk vehicles.
- Each year, around 27M cars reach the end of their useful life and are recovered for recycling.
- About 90% of aluminum of a vehicle is recovered & recycled.
- Approximately 99% of car batteries can be recycled.
- Scrap car tire recycling is viable & materials can be used to produce many products.
- AR reduces accident rates by keeping roads clear of disabled & abandoned automobiles.
- Car windshield recycling is becoming more common.
The AR industry a vibrant and entrepreneurial industry! The full article is available here.
We buy used cars for scrap
When we buy any car, we take great pride in our ongoing efforts to recycle the vast majority of the components. We are a “green” organization who buys junk cars in Bedford, Aurora, and Shaker Heights. To sell a car for scrap you must possess the title and an ID, this is the case regardless of whether in Bentleyville Village, Mentor, or Willoughby, since this is a state-wide requirement. We buy used cars for scrap in cash 6 days a week throughout Ohio City, Highland Heights, and Maple Heights. Those in Middlefield, University Heights, or Warrensville Heights, seeking to junk your car for cash are encouraged to call our junk car buyer at (216) 282-JUNK today. Are you located in Pepper Pike, Euclid, or Garfield Heights and wondering where to sell a junk car? Pick up the phone today for a junk car price quote. Are you wondering who buys auto scrap in the areas of Eastlake, Twinsburg, or Lakewood? Contact CSC today to get cash for your old car.